Areas of Practice of Harvey Law PLLC
Real Estate & Development
(Dirt - Dollars - Doors)
Counsel clients on a broad range of real estate and development projects. Advise housing agencies and developers on affordable and multi-family housing matters and federal, state and local housing programs and issues. Rental Assistance Demonstration counsel on multiple affordable housing projects.
Examples of current and past engagements include assisting clients to:
- Acquire, finance, and develop affordable, senior and multi-family communities
- Acquire, finance, and develop multi-generational mixed-use communities
- Structure transactions to include multiple tax incentive and financial product layering
- Assemble real estate for mixed use development and community enrichment
- Acquire and dispose distressed real estate
- Acquire and finance master planned communities
- Develop or lease shopping center or retail/office space (landlord/tenant)
- Create public-private partnership collaboration for project funding and community benefit
Clients include developers, housing agencies, lenders, equity investors, educational institutions and religious organizations.
Corporate Governance & Compliance
Serve as a key trusted advisor to C-suites, boards of directors, senior leadership teams and individual board members.
Guidance on the following topics:
- Fiduciary responsibilities and legal risks
- Conflict of interest issues
- Tax exempt organization guidelines and filing requirements
- Policies and procedures
- Risk management review
- Data breach response
- Crisis management